Yes. You may adjust the number of nodials encountered before disabling the modems in the /u2/vsifax/lib/vsisrv.ini file, under the VFXSCHED section, by setting the max-no-dials value to something other than the default value of 3.
If you have further questions, please contact Esker directly.
Please visit the Esker website:
There are a few different methods for contacting Esker for VSI-FAX and Fax on Demand technical support:
Please provide the following to speed up your support request:
- Your VSI-FAX version
- Your operating system release
- A detailed description of your support request
- Your complete contact information
- Screenshots, screencasts and/or the zipped $VSIFAX/spool/logs directory
NOTE: these steps must be performed on the same LAN as the device.
- Record the MAC address of the Digi device (located on the label side (bottom) of the unit)
- Manually update the workstation’s ARP table using the Digi device’s MAC using one of the commands below, substituting the new Digi’s IP address and MAC address:
arp -s 192.168.2.2 00-00-9d-22-23-60
arp -s 192.168.2.2 00009d222360
- Ping the Digi device using the IP address just assigned:
If you are experiencing troubles with outbound faxing, please refer to this table of the most common errors:
- NODIAL: This means that the modem doesn’t “hear” a dial-tone. Hook an analog phone up to the modem’s fax line and make sure that you can place outgoing long-distance and local calls.
- LINDRP or TMEOUT: These indicate that the fax started to go through, but couldn’t finish for some reason. You may also receive reports from your recipients of duplicate cover pages, garbles faxes and other similar symptoms. The first thing to check is that you’re using a modem on the recommended hardware list, because outdated modems typically have problems sending to newer fax hardware. If you are using a recommended modem, you should call your phone company and long-distance providers to have them check the line quality.
For more detail on the various fax status codes, please see Esker’s VSI-FAX Reference Addendum.