NOTE: these steps must be performed on the same LAN as the device.
- Record the MAC address of the Digi device (located on the label side (bottom) of the unit)
- Manually update the workstation’s ARP table using the Digi device’s MAC using one of the commands below, substituting the new Digi’s IP address and MAC address:
arp -s 192.168.2.2 00-00-9d-22-23-60
arp -s 192.168.2.2 00009d222360
- Ping the Digi device using the IP address just assigned:
If your system is configured to perform an rsync backup as part of the standard snapshot script, simply run the following command:
at now -f /u2/UTILS/bin/snapsave_linux.sh
To schedule the backup at specific date and time, for example at 11PM today, change now to 23:00.
at 23:00 -f /u2/UTILS/bin/snapsave_linux.sh
This script will suspend your database, take snapshots of the database files and create a full tape backup. You will not see any output in your console session, because the script creates a separate log file under /tmp/snapsave.log.
If you have already created the snapshot filesystem, but you want to perform a separate manual tape backup:
rsync -avz --delete --stats /snap/u2/ /mnt/nas/rsync/
If there are no snapshots present, but no users are on the system and you want to perform a manual rsync backup:
rsync -avz --delete --stats /u2/ /mnt/nas/rsync/
How to use the at command
How to use rsync
To use an Android device to connect to a client-to-site IPsec VPN without having to import a certificate, use shared key authentication. Your device must use Android version 4.0 or above.
Configure the Android VPN Client
- On the Android device, tap Settings.
- In the Wireless & Networks section, tap More.
- Tap VPN.
- Add the VPN by tapping the plus sign (+) next to VPN.
- On the Edit VPN profile page, configure these settings:
- Name – Enter a name for the VPN connection (e.g.,
- Type – Select IPSec Xauth PSK.
- Server address – Enter the network address for the VPN service (e.g.,
- IPSec identifier – Enter the group policy name that you entered for the IPsec PSK VPN on the Barracuda Firewall (e.g.,
- IPSec pre-shared key – Enter the PSK.
Connect to the VPN with the Android Device
After configuring the Android device, you can connect to the IPsec VPN.
- On the device, navigate to the VPN screen.
- Tap the name of the VPN that you want to connect to (e.g., IPsecWithSharedKeys).
- Enter your Username and Password, and then tap Connect.
Linux doesn’t do an active monitoring or reporting of duplicate ip, after the interface is initialized. To check for duplicate IP addresses in Linux:
Log into your server via console and from the command line run
arping -D -q -I eth0 -c 2 192.168.1.250 ; echo $?
If the above commands return 0, then no one responded to your arp request and therefore no one else is using your IP address.