View a step-by-step screencast of this process:
- Stop the CrashPlan service:
service crashplan stop
- Run the snapshot backup script to create new snapshots of the Eclipse filesystems
- Start the CrashPlan service:
service crashplan start
- To verify the back is running, log into the server’s GUI as root using VNC, DRAC or the local console
- Use the CrashPlanDesktop shortcut, or press to open the run dialog box and run the command:
- If the backup is not currently running, click “Play” button next to the backup job to manually start the backup job.
- If the backup button is grayed out because the backup service is not currently scheduled to operate, you’ll need to temporary change the schedule to “Always” in the CrashPlan settings menu.