View a step-by-step screencast of this process:
Before contacting CrashPlan for support, please gather the CrashPlan PRO client backup logs:
- (Optional) Launch the CrashPlanDesktop client
- (Optional) Double-click the CrashPlan logo in the upper right corner
- (Optional) At the prompt that appears along the bottom of the screen, type “dump all” and hit Enter
- Open a terminal session to the server and run the following commands to create an archive of the CrashPlan client logs. In this example, we’ll name the archive “crashplan_logs_20110124.tar.gz” and send it to the root user’s Desktop folder:
cd /usr/local/crashplan tar czvf /root/Desktop/crashplan_logs_20110124.tar.gz ./log
- CrashPlan Support: How do I submit client log files to support?