To run diagnostics on your IBM AIX server:
- Log into the server as root via Eterm (telnet), PuTTY (telnet, ssh), the HMC or the local console.
- If you would like to display the previous diagnostic results, for instance, after noticing an amber attention indicator on the server:
- Note any on-screen messages regarding hardware problems to be reported to IBM
- Press ENTER to continue
- Use the arrow keys to select Diagnostic Routines and press ENTER
- Use the arrow keys to select Problem Determination and press ENTER
- If you are prompted to select resources, use the arrow keys to select All Resources and press ENTER
- Press ESC-7 or F7 to begin the diagnostics
- Follow the on-screen instructions to continue diagnostics
- Note any on-screen messages regarding hardware problems
- If you wish to cancel, press ESC-0 at any time
For assistance with running diagnostics, or to answer any questions regarding your IBM server, you may contact IBM directly.