For various options of contacting Dell, including chat, email and phone, see their support site.
Create an incident request online.
- Call 800-945-3355
- You will be asked for your service tag number. This is usually a black tag located on the front of your server.
- If your warranty has expired, you will need to upgrade or renew your Dell server’s warranty.
from any workstation or server.
Your External Router IP will be displayed on the screen
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.
3. Click the domain name for which you want to create an A record.
4. In the Total DNS section, click Total DNS Control.
5. Click Add New A Record or the pencil icon next to the record you want to modify.
6. Complete the following:
The host name the A record links to. ex. woe.domain.com
Points to IP Address
The IP address from which you want to link your domain. this will be the external IP address of your router
You can get this by going to http://www.ipchicken.com Your IP address will be displayed on the screen
TTL The time increment for which the server should cache the information.
7. Click OK.
Content for http://www.godaddy.com
If Solar is installed, but the shortcuts have disappeared:
- Have the user remove all Solar desktop shortcuts
- Control Panel -> Java
- On the “General” tab, find “Temporary Internet Files”, click “View…”
- Right-click on Solar -> Uninstall Shortcuts
- Right-click on Solar again -> Install Shortcuts
To give users a direct link from which to install or launch Solar, you may send a hyperlink or create shortcut directly to the web start URL. To obtain this URL, right-click on the Click Here to Install Solar Eclipse link and copy the URL. The URL should be similar to to following:
To fix this issue perform the following steps on your workstation
1. Double click “My Computer”
2. Go to the Tools->Folder Options menu item
3. Click the “File Types” tab
4. Scroll down to and highlight “(NONE) URL: HyperText Transfer Protocol”
5. Click the “Advanced” button
6. Highlight the “open” action (should be the only on you have) and click “Edit…”
7. Click “OK” (not cancel) to close the window, Click “OK” (not cancel) to close the window (again), and then click “Close” to close the last window
Now it may seem like you accomplished absolutely nothing by doing these steps since you didn’t change anything, but in fact you will now find that IE8 will launch correctly from eterm.