When your new database server arrives on site:
- Unpack and install the server according to the manufacturer’s documentation. For your convenience, here are links to the installation documentation for the most common servers:
- Make sure both the DRAC (highlighted in green below) and 1st LAN ports (highlighted in red) are plugged into your LAN. (The DRAC port is marked with a wrench icon)
- If the server shipped from Epicor, you may skip this step. If the server shipped directly from the vendor, insert the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 64-bit installation DVD. If the server did not come with RHEL5 media, download and burn the latest DVD image from here.
- Turn on or restart your system.
- Configure the DRAC IP address. (See: How do I set the DRAC IP address?) The default DRAC root password calvin.
- Configure the LAN IP address. (See: How do I set the IP address on my Linux server?) The default OS root password is abc123.
- Notify Eclipse that the server is online by updating your service request online with the DRAC IP address.
- Eclipse will verify VPN connectivity to the DRAC and continue the remote server configuration process.
- Configuring Your System to use an iDRAC6 (dell.com)