Epicor strives to provide you with the best solutions on the market and the highest quality support. In order to do this we must differentiate between customers who want the service from us versus those who do not. Epicor customers who subscribe to this service will get the highest quality service. If you do not subscribe to this optional service any Wide Area Network Support, consulting and or network support requests that are placed (online or by phone) are subject to be billed at a time material on a case-by-case basis.
Customers have four options with any network support issue or network consulting:
- Self-Support (local IT staff)
- Outsource to IT consultant
- Contract Epicor Wide Area Network support with the fixed annual rate
- Epicor assistance on case-by-case basis for time and materials
Epicor Wide Area Network Support (RNM) includes such benefits as:
- Assist with connectivity issues to your servers
- Diagnose network performance issues
- Apply firewall software upgrades
- Assist with provider and or vendor changes
- Monitor hardware
- Firewall troubleshooting and configuration
- Assistance with VPN client troubleshooting and remotely accessing your network
- Assist with LAN issues
- Conference calling third parties to resolve your issues
- And much more
For more information about Epicor Wide Area Network Support or to receive a quote, please e-mail or call us at 1-800-776-7438, press 2.
Q: Why do I have to pay for network support?
A: We have traditionally offered a level of free technical network support for Eclipse customers on a case by case basis, but increases in the volume of support requests have forced the company to start charging for these services. By establishing a clear support policy and charging a reasonable fee for these services, the Network team can deliver focused technical support for issues surrounding the Eclipse platform in a manner not previously possible.
Q: Is “Wide Area Network (RNM)” mandatory?
A: No. You may choose to perform your own network administration, or you may hire a 3rd party. You may also pay for network support outside of a support contract at normal hourly rates, subject to resource availability.
Q: What are your hours of operation?
A: We are available 24/7. However if you are outside the hours of 8 AM – 5 PM in your timezone this is considered emergency support and is subject to our normal emergency billing procedures.
Q: What is your policy on hardware replacement under this support contract?
A: Network equipment (in stock hardware) under this agreement that is found to be defective or faulty will be replaced at the discretion of a network engineer. Equipment that has reached End of Life or End of Sale as determined by the manufacturer and/or Epicor will not be replaced. Epicor will troubleshoot End of Life equipment and End of Sale equipment, however since the product is not sold, manufactured or supported it will not be replaced.
Q: Do you have a list of End of Life or End of Sale products?
A: Cisco regularly publishes and updates a list available here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/prod_end_of_life.html.
Some common EOL/EOS hardware or software that Epicor customers may have are:
- Cisco 1710, 1711, 1720 and 1721 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_eol_models.html
- Cisco 1811 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/eol_c51_598758.html
- Cisco PIX http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_eol_models.html
- Cisco 3600 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_eol_models.html
- Cisco 2600 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/index.html
- Cisco 871 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6200/index.html
- IPSEC VPN Client http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5743/ps5699/ps2308/end_of_life_c51-680819.html
Q: Can I purchase WAN/RNM on a device I purchased myself?
A: Sure. If the model is an “in stock item”, hardware replacement would be covered. If it is not you’d have access to all other services under this support contract. Please contact your inside sales rep to review the hardware you have or would like coverage on.
Q: If I purchased new hardware will coverage transfer to my new hardware?
A: Yes please consult an Epicor support engineer prior to purchasing any hardware. The coverage will be extended to that device, howerver it will not cover hardware replacement.