It is sometimes useful to spawn a UNIX shell from within an Eterm session. Here is the procedure:
- From within your active Eclipse session in Eterm
- Press F2
- Press T to launch the TCL shell
- Type the following to launch a UNIX shell:
- Type the following to escalate the shell to superuser (root) mode:
- Enter the root user’s password when prompted
- You are now at the root (#) prompt
- To exit, type:
- Press ESC at the TCL (;) prompt
Note: the user logged into Eclipse must have access to TCL, and you must know the root password.
For further reference, view a screencast of this procedure.