Setting Up a Local Printer
Local printing allows you to attach a printer to a users PC, install it on their PC and allow the user to print from Eclipse as well as windows. This is not a network printer.
1. Configure the Printer to Print from Windows. The Printer may be a Networked Windows Printer, or connected locally utilizing a USB Port or a Parallel Printer Port. Make the Printer your Default Windows Printer if using USB. For Parallel Port or Networked Windows Printers, the Printer need not be the Default Windows Printer (although we would RECOMMEND it be the Default Windows Printer.)
2. Login to Eclipse.
3. Select Terminal Setup from the F2-System/System Files… menu.
4. Locate your Terminal ID and place the cursor on that line. If there is not one you will need to setup a Terminal Id. This can be done by accessing the Terminal Setup screen in Eclipse. F2/F/T.
Once your ID is created, Highlight it and select ALT/S to get the Local Printer Menu
Figure 1 Local Printer Menu.
5. Under the Local Printer field hit the F10 key and select the ‘HPLJ’ or HPLJ-1TRAY’ for a Laser Printer or ‘Printronix’ for a Dot Matrix or Zebra Label Printer. Local Laser Printers support One Tray ONLY.
6. Under the Form Loaded field hit the F10 key and select the form you desire.
\*ANY* is the most common form loaded on a Local printer and means that
everything you print from Eclipse will print to your Local printer even if you select another Eclipse printer..
7. Press Esc to exit the Local Printer Assignment screen and save your settings.
8. Access your Eterm Configuration screen by selecting Configure and then Communications from the grey menu bar in Eterm.
Figure 2: Configure/Communications screen.
9. Move the cursor to the ID field and type in your Terminal ID.
Note: It is important to type your User ID exactly as it appears on the Terminal Setup screen, including capitalization where appropriate.
10. Click on OK to save your changes.
11. Access the Configure/Printing menu in eterm and check off ‘Default Printer’ if USB connected, ‘Selected Printer’ may be used if Network or Parallel Port is used. This will give you the option to select the installed printer from your computers installed printers. Once selected click on OK.