The Dell OpenManage Server Administrator allows system administrators to manage individual servers from an integrated, Web browser-based graphical user interface (GUI). OMSA is designed for system administrators to manage systems locally and remotely on a network.
You may access the Dell OpenManage web interface from any computer (replace 192.168.1.100 with your server’s LAN IP address):
- Launch the OpenManage web interface (https://192.168.1.100:1311/)
- Log in using your root username and password
What type of tasks can be performed using OMSA?
- View the server’s hardware configuration
- Check for hardware errors
- Check for firmware updates
- Replace or reconfigure storage